Monday, January 26, 2009

Lessons on Baby


So in the first week of motherhood I've learned a few things:

Nothing in the world smells as sweet as your baby. It's intoxicating.

Pacifiers are a beautiful thing for a little girl who loves to suck on anything!

I definitely have to avoid dairy. Poor little girl. I had a bowl full of ice cream and milk last night and she's had a tummy ache all day. I've always needed to avoid dairy because it stuffs me up, but I could never really give it up. However, one look at this little body in such discomfort is motivation enough for me to give it up easily!!

Waking up at 3 am to feed a hungry body isn't that bad because you get to sit and stare at them the whole time. And the final, peaceful, content look on their sleepy face after a feeding is enough to send me into sweet dreams for the next little while.

So all in all, I'm completely in love with my little girl. :)

No comments: