Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Today, I Feel Like a Mom


My house is trashed with piles of clean clothes, books strewn about-lying open and half read, partially completed train tracks, uneaten snacks, and block cities all over the floor and sofas.

My fingers smell like a mix of baby throwup and baby shampoo.

I haven't completed anything today.

But...

We've read books together, and ate pancakes while chatting. We've explored new toys, swam in a bath, "fixed" VCR tapes, sorted outgrown clothes together (it may be more of a mess now than before), warmed ourselved by the "feel good" (portable room heater), and snuggled down for a nap.

Now the house is quiet. I'm going to ignore the mess and settle down to read in that bit of sunshine you see in the back.

Life IS good.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: