Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My Little Math Nerd (How I Envy You!)

So Lizzy found a worksheet that I made for her.  I thought it was still way above her level, but she insisted on  knowing how to do it.  It was a greater than, less than, equal to sheet.  So I explained it for about two minutes, walked her through the process step-by-step for two of them, and let her try by herself.  She missed one.

Then she did them all again, perfectly, at which point I ran to get my camera because that's what shocked parents do.  This is her third time solving the worksheet.



Seriously?!  I struggled with the concept of which way the arrows went at least until 2nd or 3rd grade.  I knew the answer, but not the sign.  Lucky little girl with her daddy's brain!

After the video, she cleaned up, looked at me and asked, "Can we play school now?"